Resume Writing with the Power Word Commissioned
• Means to grant permission to or to authorize
Commissioned is a resume power word that describes the ability to:
• Show responsibility over projects
• Be accountable for the projects or work that is assigned
• Be recognized for the work done previously.
What to be commissioned: art projects, projects, articles, paintings, buildings
How to use commissioned in your resume:
• Use commissioned to show that you are an expert in your field through success from
Example of artistic recognition:
• Was commissioned to complete the mural for LACMA in the spring of 2009.
• Conclusion: This candidate previously worked for LACMA.
Example of financial expertise:
• Was commissioned by Company X to evaluate their company’s portfolio and financial
• Conclusion: This candidate has the skill set to evaluate the over company as well as their
Synonym: hired, paid, recruited, authorized, instructed
Copyright Resume Dictionary 2012
please Contact Us and tell us where so we can make corrections.