Resume Writing with the Power Word Amassed
Amassed is a resume power word that describes the ability to:
• Accumulate a large or impressive amount of quantity related qualities
• Demonstrate experience and expertise over certain topics
What to amass: skills, assets, profits, experience, years, seniority, expertise
How to use amass on your resume:
• Use amass to show the quantity of skills or achievements
• Use amassed to show the progression of your collection of skills or achievements over
Example that demonstrates profit oriented thinking
• Amassed over millions of dollars in profits over 5 years.
• Conclusion: This candidate has the ability to make large short term profits.
Example that demonstrates research skills
• Able to amass a large number of recorded primary sources regarding to The Fall of the
Berlin Wall in 1989.
• Conclusion: This candidate is careful to compile many first-hand sources in order to
avoid miscommunications and assumptions.
Example that shows social adeptability
• Amassing over five million followers on youtube, I am now one of the most watched
comedians on the website.
• Conclusion: This candidate is socially competent and can potentially appeal to many
Example that shows experience
• Over the last 30 years working with the government, amassed experience working with
the court, politicians, and lawyers.
• Conclusion: This candidate is very familiar with the politics and the legal system in the
Synonyms: assemble, aggregate, collect, compile, pile
Copyright Resume 2012
please Contact Us and tell us where so we can make corrections.