Resume Writing with the Power Word Adopted
• Means to take on, make as one’s own.
Adopted is a resume writing power word that describes the ability to
• Willingness to learn and accept new skill
• Demonstrate your capabilities in regards to a flexible learning curve
• Be open minded to fresh ideas
What to adopt: skill sets, ideas, technologies
How to use adopt on your resume:
• Use adopt to demonstrate your expertise in certain areas.
• Use adopt to illustrate your ability and enthusiasm to learn.
Example to demonstrate adaptability:
• Adopted the ability to use ____program in order to fulfill the needs then of company X.
• Conclusion: This candidate is able to learn new skill sets as needed.
Example of illustrating skills:
• Adopted social medias such as Facebook, Twitter, Myspace as the means to promote an
• Conclusion: This candidate is knowledgeable about the most current and popular means
to social media.
Example that demonstrates communication skills.
• Adopted public speaking skills during years of teaching English abroad.
• Conclusion: This candidate exhibits an ability to speak to a younger audience.
Synonym: accept, adapt, affiliate, affirm, approve, embrace, endorse, take on, take up, utilize.
Copyright Resume Dictionary 2012
please Contact Us and tell us where so we can make corrections.