14 Reasons I Will Not Read Your Resume
Like many employers and HR personnel. before I open any resume I read the cover letter. Poor cover letters and cover letter mistakes can make your resume worthless.
Here are 14 quick reasons I often do not read resumes:
1. You did not include a cover letter (this applies to email also.)
2. Your cover letter does nothing more than to say your resume is attached.
3. Your cover letter does not get my attention.
4. Your cover letter is self centered.
5. Your cover letter is a run of the mill template.
6. Your cover letter does not follow English grammar rules.
7. Your cover letter has typos.
8. Your sentence structure is poor in your cover letter.
9. The subject line of your email turns me off.
10. Your email address is obscene or unprofessional.
11. Your cover letter has misspellings.
12. You misspelled my name (Only because my name is in the job postings, states: send to my attention, is on all correspondence, and is easy to spell.)
13. You didn’t follow our instructions for what is required in your email subject line.
14. You didn’t state what job you are applying for.
Believe it or not: I am not as picky as many employers and HR personnel when it comes to selecting which resumes to read.
In any case your cover letter needs to be impeccable. When you send out a resume your cover letter is doing all the work to get your resume seen. Most people still have no idea how to write a cover letter that is going to get a call for an interview. Let me explain so you can see what I mean:
• Do you know there is a job hunting and marketing language than can increase your chances by over 1298%! True. Candidates who can cleverly use marketing language have a much greater chance of getting interviews and even better paying jobs.
• Did you know how to write a “cause to action statement” that will almost force employers to contact you? Did you know without this statement your chances of getting contacted go way, way down?
• Did you know adding a PS statement at the end of your letter has been proven to get better results? Do you know what the best P.S. statements are?
• Are you aware there are certain words you can use in the subject lines of emails that can get you an interview and others that will eliminate you?
Don’t worry if you don’t know all the answers to these questions. Fortunately I do and I have used inside hiring secrets and savvy marketing tactics to craft the best cover letters in the world. Cover letters that have proven to get results. These letters are all in my new software program you can see here now.
please Contact Us and tell us where so we can make corrections.